- Wear appropriate clothes when visiting pagodas and other holy places.
- Keep your passport and other valuables in a safe place.
- Stay calm and polite you will find people cooperative.
- Touch a person on his/her head (considered offensive).
- Point one finger at a person (considered offensive).
Other Helpful Information
- Tap water is unsafe for drinking. Drink plenty of bottled water when walking around sightseeing.
- The unit of currency is the Vietnam Dong (VND). US dollars are accepted at many places (US$ 1 ≈ VND 23,000).
- Wear sneakers for the tours which require lots of hiking.
- Tipping is customary and hugely appreciated to show your appreciation with good services.